Saturday, April 24, 2010

It is very good!

Have you ever looked at someone walking on the street or posing in a magazine and thought, "I wish I looked like that?" "They have rock solid abs...I think I need to work out more so I can look like that." or "Look at how long her hair is...that's so beautiful. I wish I looked more like that." We've all done it. We've all seen someone who we think looks just a little better than us. My question is this: who are we to compare ourselves to another human being? God created us all equal and at creation said, "It is very good." When he said this, He didn't say, "Ahh those long-legged girls, they are very good." or "Those body builders, they are very good." He said that it is very good...meaning all of creation...meaning you, me, the short people, the fat people, the people with bird noses, the people with wide-set eyes--we are all "very good."

God made each and every one of us unique in our own ways. There is no one else on this planet like my fiancé Cory. Yes there may be similarities, but there is no one else in the whole wide world exactly like him. The coolest part of this whole thing is that God made man in HIS image. What authority do we have to criticize what God has made...especially when He made it in HIS image? The way that each and every one of us look is special because God made us this way. If He didn't think a certain nose looked good on his creation, He would not have made it so. If He thought that everyone needed to be skinny, He would have made us all skinny. He didn't make us all skinny...and we all have different noses--that must mean that every part of us is loved by God because He created every part of us. He doesn't love any specific type of people more than the other.

Whenever we look in the mirror, I think we should be saying to ourselves, "Wow! I look really great! God did a good job when He made me!" God doesn't make mistakes nor has He ever made a mistake. To God, all body types, noses, colors, and hair styles are beautiful because He created them. So, let's strive to look at ourselves and praise God's wonderful masterpiece instead of criticizing our looks...because after all...we are very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment