Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dijon Mayo Salmon


Tonight I wanted to make some salmon fillets for dinner but I couldn't find a recipe that was easy and didn't require elaborate ingredients. I decided to make up my own recipe! It turned out SO good and my husband said it was the best he has had....and I knew he wasn't lying because his first bite lasted around 10 seconds and he closed his eyes and I'm pretty sure his entire body froze when he tasted it! When I made the sauce to cover the salmon, I did not measure anything...so this is my best guess as to how much of everything I used!

Make sure salmon fillets are thawed and fresh. Whether or not they have skin does not matter. Turn oven to broil.

Place salmon meat side up on cookie sheet with a lip. Lightly dust with salt and pepper.

Put in oven on broil for 6 minutes. (Time may be a little more or less depending on the size of your fillets. Mine were average sized and there were 2.)

While the fillets are cooking, mix together mayo sauce:
1/2 cup mayo
2Tbsp butter
1 1/2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard

(If you have more than 2 average sized fillets, you will need to make more sauce. I had a little extra for 2 fillets but just spread it over the fillets for extra flavor.)

After the fillets are finished baking, take them out and put them on the counter. Cover them completely with the mayo sauce.

Put the fillets back in the oven for 5 minutes.

When finished baking, if there is skin on the underside of the fillets, use a spatula to gently separate the skin from the meat. Serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment